Three large handle
and lath work mills with a combined value of $90,000 employing a large
force of men.
- Three large planing
mills and lumber yards.
- A five thousand
dollar stave and heading plant.
A ten thousand
dollar furniture and fine inside finishing mill.
- A ten thousand
dollar tile, brick, and clay works.
- Three cement brick,
tile and block manufacturing firms.
- Two grain elevators
with a combined value of $30,000, which handle hundreds of thousands of
bushels of grain and seed annually.
- A twenty-five
thousand dollar electric light, power, and heating company which furnishes
power for manufacturing as cheap as in cities of 200,000 inhabitants.
- A thirty thousand
dollar city water system serving the people at a very low cost for water
privilege, and water from artesian wells and direct pressure.
One first class
telephone system with exchange and direct connection with both Bell and
Independent long distance lines.
- Four up-to-date
drug stores carrying heavy lines of all kinds of drugs and kindred
- Three large
department stores carrying everything needed for the home and farm, with a
combined stock value of $150,000.
- Two National Banks
with combined capital and surplus of $100,000 and deposits aggregating
about one-half million dollars.
- Situated on one of the largest and
strongest trunk line railroads with double track and twelve passenger
- Unexcelled shipping facilities and low
- A thirty thousand dollar public school
- A poultry and stock food manufacturing
- A glove and mitten factory.
- A $40,000 modern up-to-date opera
- A patent photograph printing cabinet
- Two large job printing companies with
mechanical type-setting machines.
- Two modern up-to-date newspapers.
- A twenty thousand dollar modern hotel.
- Nine churches and Sunday Schools.
- Two large poultry and produce packing
firms handling all kinds of country produce.
- The finest agricultural county to be
found anywhere, producing all kinds of cereals and fruits to be found in
- Two large harness and saddlery
- Three large implement dealers handling
all kinds of farm machinery.
- Three modern up-to-date meat markets.
- One modern electric power machine shop.
- With a population of 3,000 live,
up-to-date, energetic, wide-awake people.
- One and a half miles of fine brick
- Home Building and Loan Co., assets
- Two large garages, caring for the 40
- Five good restaurants and one good $1
per day hotel and boarding house.
- Three grain, seed, and feed stores.
- Three up-to-date jewelry stores.
- Three novelty and bazaar firms.
- Five shoe stores.
- One foundry.
- Agricultural society with 40 acres of
grounds, with fine buildings and track, used as a public park.
- A pickle packing station of Lutz &
Schramm of Allegheny, Pa.
- One scroll work and cistern plant.
- Abundance of natural ice at a very low
- Two telegraph companies.
- Cheap labor, fuel, and power.
- Richardsonís famous poultry farm.
- First grade High School diplomas from
which [sic] admit owner to colleges and universities without
- Home office of the Tri-State Elevator
- Thirty-six hundred cars of freight
shipped in and out annually.
- Plenty of room for hustlers and
- A warm welcome and hearty support for
any and all legitimate enterprises.
- A live town, for live people, hustling
with life and activity.
- Splendid climate, fine roads and
inhabited with American people; no labor troubles or strikes.
- Excellent advantages for manufacturers
for skilled and common labor.
For further information
W. H. BLAKESLEE, Secy.,
Hicksville Commercial Club
Hicksville Tribune Print
Back | Next